Sunday, November 09, 2014

It's My Birthday, I'm Gon' Spend My Money...


Well actually it's no longer my birthday and it's more like spend my vouchers... but close enough, right? For my birthday in September, I was given a couple of giftcards for Boots from various friends but had been umming and ahhing over whether to spend them on essentials or splurge on something a little more expensive. I ended up opting for essentials because, let's face it, I'll use my foundation etc much more than I would a special lipstick from YSL. You may have seen this snap on Instagram already but I thought I'd give a break down of what I got...

Lucky for me, Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on again so I got much more than I was expecting - I had £25 on my giftcards and only spent an extra £4 to make up up for the 3 for 2. L'Oreal True Match foundation is my current favourite from the drugstore. The coverage is perfect, the finish is fairly dewy and it lasts all day. I needed a lighter shade as the one I had from summer (Creamy Beige N3) was way too dark. This, in Golden Ivory (W1), is from the warmer selection and blends into my skin seamlessly. Similarly I needed a new bottle of my favourite Maybelline Fit Me concealer. This has been compared to NARS Creamy Concealer in the past, not that I've tried it, but this brightens my under eyes so well whilst giving a great coverage. I don't find it creases either.

Another old favourite that I'd been meaning to pick up for a while is L'Oreal Voluminous mascara. I've loved this over and over for a long while and am so happy to be reunited! You can really build up the volume with this, the brush is just perfect and it's super black. I just wish there was a waterproof version but I still adore this regardless - my ultimate drugstore mascara by far.

Now onto some newbies! This Maybelline Color Show shadow in Copper Fizz was influenced by Adrienne (The Sunday Girl). I adore any type of copper toned shadows because they work so well with my green eyes and this is simply stunning! It's really metallic and when packed on creates such a gorgeous effect. I also think this will work even better when wet. The pan is big enough to separate one half for dry and one for wet use as well which is great as shadows are never the same when you get them damp. Seriously though, this shade is just... dreamy.

Another new purchase, and also influenced by Adrienne, is Rimmel's liner in East End Snob. She dubbed this a dupe for Kylie Jenner lips and I have to say it's a pretty good match! It's pretty drying but I find it lasts really well and doesn't feel too uncomfortable. The colour is a muted dusky pink this easily sits in the Kylie Jenner lips category! And for £3.99? Cannot grumble.

The final purchase, and one I'm most excited about, is from the Luxe Effect collection from Essie - Summit of Style. Ohhh my, this is Christmas in a bottle, festive season in a bottle and Christmas party in a bottle. I adore. It's more of a bronze toned gold, almost rose gold, which I have nothing like in my stash and is going to look incredible layered on for some serious sparkle this season! Just Google images of Summit of Style. Do it now. Amazing, right?

Have you picked up anything new recently?

Ax

4 comments:

  1. That Essie polish is stunning, like Christmas in a bottle!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you picked :) Copper Fizz is such a beautiful shade isn't it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is! Will have swatches of it combo'd up with other shades soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh thanks, beaut! And yes - it's really unique, not got anything like it in my stash :) thanks for the tip off ;) x

    ReplyDelete