Monday, November 17, 2014

Forever Repurchased #1


We all have a select few beauty picks that we just can't be without and on every trip to Boots or Superdrug, they always make it into the basket regardless. It's like second nature, they just have to be in my collection or I get a little panicky! 

First up is the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer (review). I love this stuff and have done for a fair few months now. In fact, I was definitely using this back in June and I think I was on the last legs of my first bottle, this is only my second and I use it every single day without fail which proves just how long it lasts. I only use one pump and my makeup just seems to adhere to my skin so much better when I use this. A may dabble with layering it up with other primers but this is always going to be my go to.

Next up the first of three L'Oreal items. I never realised just how much I loved L'Oreal until I starting grabbing pieces for this post! I think all elements of my makeup stash have something from the French brand! The Voluminous Carbon Black x5 mascara is pretty much my ideal drugstore mascara - nothing else builds volume like it without going overly clumpy. I do like other mascaras from this same brand, like Miss Manga, but this is such an old favourite it's like reliability in mascara form. My only gripe? I wish there was a waterproof version.

Sticking to L'Oreal, the Super Liner Perfect Slim (review). Ohh this is a goodie. A winged liner is my staple look so trust me when I say I've tried my fair share of liners but this felt pen one is by far my favourite - I can't even try to think how many times I've repurchased this. The nib is long and tapers to a very fine point meaning you can get a really fine line or build it up a tad heavier. It stays on really well and doesn't dry up too quickly either.

The last L'Oreal stop now - Lumi Magique concealer (review). This is the item I use when I really want to amp up the highlighting. On a daily basis, FIT Me works perfectly, but when I can be bothered ot make more of an effort or am going out, a few dabs of this is magic. It's essentially the same as the likes of YSL Touche Eclat but for a fraction of the price and I find it works wonderfully. The twist up pen doesn't get clogged up and it lasts a really long time considering!

The Maybelline FIT Me concealer is another that I think I may be on the third bottle of. I like to get the lightest shade to really highlight under the eyes after I've colour corrected the bags. It's super creamy, blends perfectly with either a brush or my new love, the beautyblender, and never looks cakey. It has a little bit of an illuminating property anyway making it ideal for highlighting areas of the face.

Finally we stop at Soap & Glory. The Archery brow pencil (review) is a new addition to the items I'd class as 'forever repurchased' and in actual fact I haven't had to repurchase it yet but I know I will. This is just the most perfect thing to use for filling in my brows. The colour for me is ideal, although I know many people would prefer a wider colour range, it stays on all day without fail and looks super natural. As I said, I've not ran out of this yet but I know without a doubt I'll go straight for this when I need to buy another.

What do you always make sure you have in your makeup stash?

Ax

2 comments:

  1. I really like posts like this :) I love the Max Factor Primer, I got it free in a goody-bag a few months ago and can't imagine how I managed without it before! x
    www.jordanalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to try that lumi magique concealer - I wanted to try the touche eclat but this looks like a much more affordable version! I always repurchase the wake me up concealer, been through a couple of tubes. And They're Real for those days when I need something which works! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete