Friday, October 24, 2014

Think Pink | Breast Cancer Awareness 2014


Last week I shared with you Birchbox's October offering which was partly themed with Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To carry on with that theme, I thought I'd share some of my favourite pink beauty products that we can rock this month to raise awareness for breast cancer and get involved!

It's a cause that I believe affects every single one of us in one way or another. Whether it's breast cancer or any other form of cancer, unfortunately it attacks someone we know and love at some point in our lives so why not get involved and so what we can to raise money or at least raise awareness?

Benefit Hervana blush link
This is one of my all time favourite blushers! The swirls of four different shades in the typical boxed blush create a really pretty pink that's super wearable with any type of look. I don't know what it is about this blush but it just pulls a look together. Whether I'm wearing a winged liner or a smoky eye I know this will work regardless.

Revlon Sparkling polish link
Ahh how pretty is this?! If you're a real girly girl who loves sparkles and pink I'd be surprised if this wasn't already in your stash. If it's not though, you really should get it! Various sized glitter particles are suspended in a clear varnish making it beautiful alone, stunning layered on white or for a real wow factor layer it over another pink polish. It's not super bright, the pink is fairly muted making it girly yet sophisticated.

Barry M Gelly 'Grapefruit' polish link
I don't think I know anyone that doesn't like the Barry M Gelly polishes. They're super thick and glossy, dry fast and leave nails super shiny - perfect. To make it better? The perfect pink of course. Grapefruit is a real peppy pink, it verges on fluoro but isn't quite that in-yer-face. Love, love, love this shade.

The Body Shop Colour Crush '205' link
These lipsticks are so underrated! The formula is so moisturising and crazy pigmented - it just feels so lovely on the lips and wears perfectly. 205 is a really, really bright fuchsia - not for the faint hearted. If you're wanting to have some pow to your Breast Cancer Awareness campaign this month, this is the lipstick for you.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss 'Beige' link
Yep the name is way off - this is such a pretty pink gloss. It did the rounds on YouTube last year and it's still a firm favourite in my stash. On it's own it's great and layered over a pink lipstick it adds a gorgeous thick glossy finish. Plus, it smells like bubblegum. Yummy.

Bourjois Blush Exclusif link
I chose this for one reason - it's personal. This blush adjusts the colour to suit your skin tone depending on heat and general pigmentation. On me it pulls quite a baby pink which is ideal. Applied with fingers or a stippling brush it blends seamlessly. I love that this reflects each woman separately - we're all made up of different parts and this blusher goes along with that.

Are you going anything to mark Breast Cancer Awareness Month? Find out more on breast cancer here and here.

Ax


No comments:

Post a Comment