Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Current Haircare Favourites #1



I would never consider myself an expert in things to do with hair. In fact, I wouldn't really say I have many skills at all. My day to day routine either consists of air drying or roughly blasting it like a mad woman with a hairdryer with no real skill or structure at all. Yeah. Nevertheless, here are the haircare items I'm enjoying at the moment - I'm hoping there are few of you out there who have as limited skills as I and may find these useful.

Macadamia Nourishing Leave In Cream* link
I started using this earlier in the year and kind of forgot about until a month ago. I love this stuff! I simply apply a walnut sized amount through the middle and ends of my hair and, preferably, leave it to dry. It works best this way I've found over blow drying it. It's a tacky, thick, cream that thickens my hair and leaves a naturally beachy tousled effect. My locks are naturally very straight but this just gives it a little... summit summit. Y'know?

Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray link
Well then, this did the rounds in the blogosphere didn't it? Hailed the drugstore dupe of Oribe Dry Texturising Spray, the Charles Worthington version gives a little oomph to my hair when it's a bit lacklustre - which is most of the time. I'm not crazy about the smell but it boosts my hair like no other and actually holds. It's acts like a light hairspray as well without being crispy. A few spritzes in the roots and a little through the mid lengths of my hair and I'm good to go.

Toni & Guy Heat Protection Mist link
Everyone needs a heat protectant. Admittedly, I've been a little lazy with it up until I got my hands on this one. I don't think you can ever really tell if a heat protectant is working - unless you hair is getting frazzled - but this one does the job well. It's a fine spray, isn't sticky and has the typical Toni & Guy scent that I adore. What's not to love?

Old Wives Tail Hair Growth Oil Treatment* link
This is a fairly new addition to my routine. Essentially it's a hair oil, like many others, but is a treatment to use twice a week which claims to improve the condition of the hair so much so that it encourages hair growth. Now, I'm all for a little help in the length department so have been trying it out. So far so good, I've not noticed any growth but I suspect it'll take a little longer than a couple of weeks. Only downside - I'm not crazy on the packaging, it makes it a little impractical to get out. You simply apply this lavender scented oil all over your hair before washing, leave it for an hour, then shampoo and, if necessary, condition as normal. You might not always need to condition because the oil leaves my locks super soft!

Toni & Guy Volume Plumping Whip link
I've already shared my love for this but it's stuck around! This strange textured goop really boosts my locks to give volume that lasts. It really is an odd texture but I can't get enough of it's marshmallow-like bounce! Again, it smells yummy - but read the full review for more details.

Do you have any hair products you'd recommend?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment