Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Review: Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Plumping Whip




Will the day ever come when we won't want bigger, more voluminous locks? Nope, didn't think so. It's liek every week a new product hits the shelves and I can't help but be drawn to them. Sure, there are several I already have that work perfectly fine but maybe, just maybe, this new one will be the be all and end all. The latest on trial? Toni & Guy's Glamour Volume Plumping Whip.

Toni & Guy's Glamour Volume Plumping Whip was in my Latest in Beauty Glamour Beauty Edit this month and is one of the first things I put to the test. The term 'whip' really pulled me in. Is it a mousse? A gel? A cream? How strange! The texture is very odd indeed, the only thing I can liken it to is a lighter version of Fluff. Y'know, the marshmallow flavoured spread that made it's way to us from the US? It's not sticky like that though, nor does it smell like marshmallows, but it does have a similar consistency. As for the smell Toni & Guy's Glamour Volume Plumping Whip has your typical Toni & Guy scent, really salon-like and satisfying to think it's a pro product.

I took a large grape sized amount of Toni & Guy's Glamour Volume Plumping Whip and put it straight into my roots after washing and towel drying my hair. I spread it out using my fingers before going on to dry my hair as normal - upside down, pretty erratic, you get the idea. The finished look was pretty good! It had volume without feeling crunchy and my hair actually felt a little thicker - although that could be down to a dream shampoo/conditioner combo I've been using (more on that soon). I think the whipped texture creates such a beautiful bounce and natural finish which I'm really impressed. My only gripe, which is down to my own over enthusiastic application, is less is more. The crown of my head was left feeling a little greasy. No where else did, just the top of my head which I think is because not only did I probably use too much, but I think I put the majority of it right on that area. So next time, a smaller amount and spread it out better.

All in all, Toni & Guy's Glamour Volume Plumping Whip is a pretty darn good product! A lovely addition to the Latest in Beauty box and one that I'll not doubt get a lot of use out of.


Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment