Monday, July 07, 2014

Decleor Facial at Harpers Hair & Beauty





Images courtesy of Harpers Hair & Beauty

A couple of weeks ago I was invited by the guys at my local beauty salon, Harpers Hair & Beauty, for a complimentary Decleor Facial*. Having only ever had one facial in my life, I was really excited to be going for another! So, after work one day off I went for a relaxing afternoon treatment which included a mini back massage - perfect!

Before it began, I filled out a questionnaire answering my skin gripes and concerns which I really liked. It made me think the facial would be slightly catered to my concerns where they could as well as any skin complaints being taken into consideration. It started with a back massage using the Decleor Baume Relax Intense Pro which is a professional product but you can get a similar version here. It was so lovely to start with the massage. I'm quite tense during working hours and sitting a desk every day can cause havoc on my back so this really loosened things up and made me zone out for the rest of the experience

The facial itself first started with a double cleanse using the Decleor Essential Cleansing Milk. This was so soft on my skin and smelt incredible! I can imagine using this at home would really recreate a spa-like experience and feel super indulgent on the skin. It removed my makeup with ease, no tugging, even my mascara was gently removed. My skin was then toned using the Decleor Tonifying Lotion. Another product with a gorgeous spa-like aroma that instantly relaxed me - there's something about those fragrances that help every muscle relax, I love it!

Then onto a gentle scrub using Decleor Life Radiance Scrub. As I'd jotted down in my questionnaire before the treatment, I wanted to give some life to my skin as it can look a little dull so I was pleased it was tailored to those needs. My skin was massaged using the Decleor Ylang Ylang Purifying Balm before the Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Serum was applied.

Then came my favourite part - the most bizarre yet incredible face mask I've ever experienced! The Decleor Hydra Floral Multi-Protection Expert Mask was applied all over my face, pretty normal, then came the fun part. A layer of gauze was placed over the top followed by the Decleor Aromaplastie Face Mask which smells incredibly like Weetabix - not the most delightful but I didn't mind - is applied all over the face, eyes, mouth, everywhere. It was the strangest feeling having it all over the face and could feel a bit restrictive to some people but it was so hydrating! IT was cold and the thought of it being similar to squidgy Weetabix baffled me but seriously, it may have been the strangest face mask I've ever had but it was one of the most effective. If you're a face mask junkie, this is something you need to try out. I'm not sure you can buy it as it's a salon product but I found some (pricey!!!) sachets here. After 10 minutes it was removed, my skin re-toned and a generous helping of Decleor Hydra Floral Multi-Protection Cream was applied. A gorgeously silky lotion that my skin just sucked up instantly and was meant to hydrate the skin for 24hours - perfect for my thirty complexion. 

Not going to lie, I'm pretty sure I nodded off during the facial a couple of times but I was just so relaxed! I'm really hoping there was no drooling or snoring... that'd be awkward. I'd like to thank the guys at Harpers Hair & Beauty, they were so accommodating and I so appreciate having the chance to try this incredible Decleor Facial. If you're in the Midlands area, check out their website.

Do you enjoy getting facials?

Ax

Don't forget my GIVEAWAY to win an Odylique Coconut Candy Scrub! Enter here - it closes AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment