Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Things & Stuff: Insurgence 6 (The Vampire Diaries Con)

Oh hi, strangers! Yeah I've been a little MIA over the past week - apologies. Last week I was preparing for a weekend that I'd been excited for for 12 months and then the weekend was mental and well then the past two days I've been back at work and daydreaming about said weekend. This post is very different to what I normally ramble on about but it's actually about one of my big passions besides beauty. 

The weekend I'd been looking forward to for 12 months is that of Insurgence 6. A 3-day convention at the Hilton Metropole Hotel in Birmingham for fans of the TV show, The Vampire Diaries. I've been watching the show right from when it started, I first read the book and when it was turned into a show I was straight on it. Basically I'm one of many lovers of the Salvatore brothers and the trials and tribulations of Mystic Falls. And so are thousands of others who came to the con. I know what you're thinking... 'Con?! Isn't that for weirdos?'. Well, no! You'll be surprised at how many different types of people are there. I first went last year with two of my closest friends and we had such an amazing time we knew right away we wanted to do it again. So this year, the same 3 went along and even though we said it'd be our last, we're all desperate to do the next... there's just something about it. You get such a buzz.

I'll try not to make this an ultra rambly post because I seriously could go on forever but I thought I'd just share some pictures from the con and tell you a bit about why I've been a tad pre-occupied. It was the vampires.

The 3-day event is packed with Q+A panels with the guests, autograph sessions, photo op sessions, coffee lounges, parties and general galavanting with like minded people. If you're not a fan of the show it won't mean much to you but the guests we had this year were: Leah Pipes (Cammy in The Originals), Todd Stashwick (Father Kieran in The Originals), Rob Pralgo (Mayor Lockwood, TVD), Rick Cosnett (Dr Wes, TVD), Michael Malarkey (Enzo, TVD), Steven R McQueen (Jeremy Gilbert, TVD), Zach Roerig (Matt Donovan, TVD) and the beauty himself, Paul Wesley aka Stefan Salvatore. Without going in to too much detail, my favourite of the weekend was Zach Roerig... I literally love this guy! Don't worry, I'm not going to fangirl, but trust me when I say he is a beautiful person! (Yes, I am groping his abs in that picture...)



As I mentioned before, included in the price of the ticket are autographs with all guests (apart from bonus ones, which were Paul & Leah). I took my Vampire Diaries book last year to get signed so took it along again this time round to fill it up even more!



It really was an incredible weekend filled with beautiful guests, spending some quality time with my favourite people and a chance to meet lots of new friends. Yes, it's pricey. But it's an experience you'll never, ever forget. There were some down moments in regards to the behaviour of some attendees but I won't go into it here. If you want a rundown of con tips for first timers let me know and I'll gladly put something together!

standard pre-party shots // I6 wristbands // my two bffs looking fine
the beautiful Paul Wesley // yep, we're vampires too! // the closing ceremony, boohoo!
party shots with the gyaldem // more totes natural shots // con-day selfies
(pics from HT)

The guests were epic, their panels were awesome and it was the lesser known characters that really shone over the weekend. It was the same last year. Yes Ian Somerhalder was there and was incredibly beautiful but it was guests like Nate Buzolic that really stood out.

All you need to know is if you're a fan of The Vampire Diaries, or a fan of other similar shows, look into going to these events because you'll have the time of your life and bring home so many incredible memories. I've only been to two and already feel like part of the furniture with this company (Rogue Events).

If you have questions about the con, the guests that came or anything at all - comment below or you can tweet me! I'll reply as best I can!

Business as normal as of Friday - let me know if you like these lifestyle posts though :)

Ax

Don't forget my GIVEAWAY to win an Odylique Coconut Candy Scrub! Enter here - it closes early next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment