Friday, June 27, 2014

Perfect Primer Partners


Primers. Not everyone likes them, not everyone uses them but for those who do I think I've found the perfect pairing. It all depends what you want from your makeup. Do you have oily skin? Is it uneven? Do you suffer from redness? Or do you just want it to last longer? The answer to these questions will determine what primers you go for. For me? I want a healthy glow and, as my slap goes on at 4am each weekday, I want it to stick around for as long as possible.

I like to start with Max Factor's Facefinity All Day Primer. From what I've read, this is the primer part of their Facefinity foundation - apparently so many makeup artists asked for the primer element to be extracted and made into a stand alone product that their wishes came true! Whether that's truly the case or not, I'm glad it happened - this stuff rocks! Max Factor's Facefinity All Day Primer is quite a light consistency and comes out white. However, there is no white cast left on your skin once you've rubbed it in and you really don't need much. I use a pump and a half. It doesn't feel greasy or tacky and blends in super easily. I've had this for a couple of months now and it doesn't look like it's going to run out anytime soon. I also like that there's SPF20 in it - that's pretty high for a makeup product! If you're in the market for a primer - this is the one you need to get!

Although that would work on its own really well, I like to add a little glow to my skin. In winter I was opting for L'Oreal's Lumi Magique but now it's hit summer, I find that's got a little too much of a cool tone to it... that's where Soap & Glory's Hocus Focus comes in. I don't believe Hocus Focus is spoken about much but it really is a wonder product! It has more of a golden tone which is great paired with a little more bronzer in the summer. It's silky smooth and you really only need a teeny bit. I apply this to my cheekbones, forehead and chin to enhance areas that catch the light. It gives my complexion a 'lit from within' glow like no other product has. Again Soap & Glory's Hocus Focus isn't greasy nor tacky but blends beautifully. You can also use this just to highlight the cheek bones and brow bone - simply take a teensy wincy bit and dab it on the desired areas. Works a treat!

There are so many other primers I do love using but this combo is my go to every single day right now. What's you favourite primer?

Ax

Don't forget my GIVEAWAY to win an Odylique Coconut Candy Scrub! Enter here - it closes 07/06!

No comments:

Post a Comment