Friday, May 02, 2014

On Trial: May 2014


Hello and welcome to a new little feature I'm giving a go! Beauty blogging means a tend to collect tons of products that either I try once and put away or don't even get the chance to give a proper trial. So to give each item a proper chance (and save me some much needed cash) I thought I'd do an On Trial feature where each month I'll endeavour to put 5 products to the test and give you The Verdict at the end of that month. Sound good? Good. Let's take a look at this month...

First up, Tanatomicals Wash Off Bronzing Glitter Gel*. I was sent this a month or so ago but I think the word 'glitter' put me off. I'm not into fake tans with glitter but I'm hoping this will be more of a shimmer - if not, it's supposed to wash off so no harm done. Also, this smell delicious. Seriously, like a coconut/pineapple cocktail! The tongue in cheek branding is ok, things like 'girls who wear glitter look 10x fitter' and 'because to us, white ain't right' are all well and good but maybe a little tween-y for me. We'll see!

From one cheeky brand to another - my beloved Soap & Glory. I'd had my eye on The Fab Pore mask for a while and bit the bullet during one of Boots' infamous 3 for 2 offers. It's a 2 in 1 mask and peel that smells kind of minty yet kind of clinical.I guess that could be a good thing when it comes to cleaning your pores and drawing out the nasties? Not sure how it'll fare to the mask and peel claims but I'm looking forward to slapping it on my skin! Also, still loving S&G's new branding.

Mascaras are one of those things I really struggle to be faithful to. I'm a little bit of a hussy shall we say? The only one I really do have a soft spot for is Lancome's Hypnose but, as that's pretty pricey, I'm looking for a drugstore alternative. Could L'Oreal's Miss Manga be the one? I'm not sure, the bendy wand freaks me out but so many bloggers have taken a liking to it that I'm pretty intrigued. If this does work, I'd like to see how the waterproof fares when that's released.

Ohh Superdrug and your at-the-till offers. Yep, I was suckered in with this one. I have never ever heard of B. Pure but I think this Micellar Water was like £1 on offer so I thought why not give it a whirl. With claims of it being suitable for even the most sensitive of skin and calling itself a 'super water' that removes tough makeup 'extremely gently' it's got a lot of living up to do! It has a whole other bunch of products in the range too so if this is a winner, I could be looking into another new brand. Sorry bank balance.

And last but not least - the Miracle Skin Cream by Garnier. I first heard Amelia rave about this beauty and purchased it as soon as I spotted it on the shelves. I have given it a sneaky go a few times, and so far really like it, but I still need to test it out some more and wear it for a few days on the trot to get a full opinion. It's a white cream that transforms into a foundation type shade when blended into the skin but is still super light - something for those good skin day days.

Don't forget - get yourself back here in a few weeks for The Verdict - you can follow me on bloglovin' to make sure you don't miss it!

Have you tried any of these products?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment