Sunday, May 11, 2014

Better Than a Tangle Teezer?



Happy Sunday everyone! I know we all say this but where has the week gone? I for one have had a very hectic 7 days or so and am working today so no Sunday lie in for me. Never mind - bring on next weekend!

I know, a bold claim right? And it'll no doubt draw mixed opinions but I truly think my Tangle Teezer will start gathering dust at a rapid pace since I discovered Denman's Tangle Tamer*. Similar in name, and colour, but very different in design.

The most obvious difference is the face the Tangle Tamer has a handle - something that really bugs me about the Tangle Teezer is the lack of handle. I cannot tell you the number of times it has flown out of my hands, across the room, and resulted in my boyfriend shouting up the stairs 'Everything ok?!'. Don't get me wrong, it has done me well for a fair few years but now it's the turn of Denman.

Denman's offering also has very different bristles. As opposed to single plastic ones, they're bunches of super-soft nylon bristles that are different lengths and much longer. I think it's these bunches of bristles that make the difference - I feel like they detangle my hair better and the length of them means they get deep into my hair, as opposed to just going over the top layer. As I said, I don't dislike the Tangle Teezer, but the short plastic pins don't always feel like they're giving my locks a through brush through.

Overall, Denman's Tangle Tamer has become a firm favourite for daily brushing duty - however I do still use my Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash on wet hair - and it's made it so much easier (if that was even possible). It's also a few pounds cheaper - here's a little video with more details on it.

Will you be getting the Tangle Tamer? Or are you a devout Tangle Teezer fan?

Ax

If you enjoy my blog, it would mean the world to me if you nominated it in the 'Best New Beauty Blog' category of the Cosmo Blog Awards here! Thank you x



2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the tangle teezer, I tried it but it just feels like it brushing the top of my hair and not the stuff underneath! May have to give the other a try :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, totally! Let me know what you think if you give the Tangle Tease a go x

    ReplyDelete