Sunday, April 27, 2014

Skincare Sunday: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil


Cleansing oils are something I've been getting into more and more in recent months. Ok, cleansers in general are a pretty new thing to my skincare routine but until now they'd been on the creamy side of things. Having moved house this year, I got to have a really good clear out of all my beauty bits and came across this little one from DHC.

I remember getting the Deep Cleansing Oil from DHC as a a sample and, as I hadn't heard of it before nor had I used an oil to clean my face, it got shoved to the back of my stash and I hadn't thought about it since. However, I now have a drawer for skincare cleansers and decided to give this a go. I'm really glad I did!

I was a little nervous about using an oil - it was a similar feeling as I had towards oils when I tried my Antipodes one - the whole oil on oily skin thing just didn't sit well with me. However, it really does just melt away my makeup. I squeeze a little on my hands, rub them together then rub all over my face. I start with my cheeks, nose and forehead before getting to work on my eyes. I wear quite a bit of mascara on a daily basis but this stuff, a blend of olive oil and vitamin E, melted it straight off and with a little more elbow grease waterproof mascara was wiped away too! I didn't have to tug and pull on my eyes, just gently massage it into the lashes. At this point I'm left with a beautiful panda face so I like to dampen a flannel or muslin cloth to wipe it all away. 

What am I left with? Super soft, super clean skin. I love this stuff!

I've used it a fair few times and it's not really gone down either. This mini 30ml one is £4.50 and the 200ml offering will only set you back £21.50 so although it's not a budget brand, it sure won't break the bank either.

I'm thinking cleansing oils could be my new favourite thing! I've heard good things about one from Nude but I recently got my Mom the camomile one form The Body Shop and she really rates it so I might try that one.

Have you tried DHC? Or are there any cleansing oils you'd recommend?

Ax

1 comment:

  1. Great post. thanks for sending me link via bbloggers chat.
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete