Monday, April 28, 2014

Kevyn Aucoin Iconic Eye Set







Kevyn Aucoin is one of those brands I have lusted over for such a long time. The Sculpting Powder? Yeah, that's been on my wishlist for a good while. So when I spotted this baby in the Space NK sale, I snapped it up straight away.

The Iconic Eye Set contains three shadows plus a mini of the Celestial Powder in Candlelight and the Sculpting Powder in Medium. The shadows are a Light Bone, a cream matte, Rose Quartz, a pink shimmer and Taupey Gray, which is actually more of a burgundy. It also came with a full size black eye pencil and a tiny little brush that I'd use from gel liner. Not going to lie, I was mainly drawn to this because of the highlight and contour shades but I'm in love with the whole kit! 

In the look above I'm wearing Light Bone on the inner third of my eyelid and under the brow bone then Rose Quartz on the outer two third and Taupey Gray in the crease. Taupey Gray is definitely the stand out shade for me, I just love the finished look it gives when blended into the crease. I'd assume it's similar to MAC's Cranberry. I then contoured my ace with the Sculpting Powder and swept the Celestial Powder down the bridge of my nose, tops of my cheekbones and under the brow bone. I also dotted a little on the inner corner of my eye. It just goes to show just how much you can cover using this itsy palette.

And it really is tiny. I paid £24 for it, it was £48. No way would I fork out almost £50 on this full price, I even winced at the £24 when it arrived, but I can overlook it because of how much I love the palette. All of the shades last all day, although I find the Sculpting Powder to wear a little as the day goes on - but I find that with most contour products suggestions welcome.

Ax

1 comment:

  1. This palette is gorgeous but the price is ridiculous! I haven't tried anything by Kevyn Aucoin before but I really like the packaging and I've heard great things about the quality of their products. I'll definitely have to give something a go from them some time. xx

    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete