Monday, January 20, 2014

Spring Nails | Matte & Mint


It may still be January and we may still be in the thick of winter but I can't help but bring a little springtime into my life. What easier way than a little springtime mani?

I'm getting a little bored of winter beauty trends and when looking through my polish collection this week I found myself drawn to the pastels and pinks more than the vampy reds I'd grown accustomed to. 

This week I've been sporting a matte mint combo using Butter London's Fiver (£12.00) and Matte Finish (£16.00). I absolutely adore the finished look! We saw matte nails creep in at the end of last year and I love that all I need to do it add this matte topcoat to any polish to follow the trend - save on the pennies! Fiver is pretty much the perfect pastel mint. It can look a little chalky because it is so pastel but it looks fine once a topcoat is added - glossy or matte.

My only niggle is I've found I've needed to top up the matte topcoat during the week as they were looking a little glossier than I'd like - you can kind of see it in the picture - but when compared to an actual glossy finish, it's far more matte. I may try and embrace winter a little more and try this with a black polish, simple and classic.

Anyone else ready for spring?

Ax

2 comments:

  1. Love matte nails and it looks so different with a spring colour.

    http://emmabebeauty.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really pleased with the final look - would work with pastel pinks, lavender and yellows too I think! :)

    ReplyDelete