Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Sunday Post: Perfect Autumnal Eyes with Bobbi Brown



As soon as I noticed the Rich Chocolate collection from Bobbi Brown, this palette went straight on my wishlist. Being both a palette and Bobbi Brown newbie, I thought it was the perfect addition to my make up bag - and subsequently, the perfect item to fuel a new obsession.
I wouldn't say I was very adventurous with my eye makeup on a day to day basis. Actually, it's pretty much a swipe of MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and a winged eyeliner flick... but, moving on. I couldn't resist the chocolately tones and wearable shades in a sleek black case and before I could even think about it I'd clicked 'Add to Bag' and John Lewis was sending it straight to my door.

At £39.50 you could argue it's a little pricey but with a single shadow coming in at £17 it works out quite well. The seven shades are Bone (matte), Stone (matte), Frappe (matte), Caramel (sparkle), Champagne Truffle (sparkle), Cocoa (matte) and Rich Chocolate (matte). I'm glad there's only a couple of shimmery shades as it makes the palette much more versatile being made up of mainly matte options. Until recently, I've not had chance to play around with the shades much but this weekend I thought I'd go a little crazy and give them a whirl. Here's the outcome...


No idea why my skin looks dodgy here...

Here I used Frappe all over the lid, Cocoa in the crease and under the lash line with Rich Chocolate on the outer corner and Bone to highlight the brow bone and tear duct. I then pressed a little Caramel onto the centre of the lid for more sparkle.

I'm by no means a master at blending but the shadows kind of do the work for you making it super easy. You could add even more sparkle with Champagne to take it straight through to those Christmas parties.


The other makeup used here includes Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, Soap and Glory Supercat liner, Benefit Rockateur blush, MAC RiRi Hibiscus Kiss bronzer, Soap and Glory Kick Ass powder, Benefit Watts Up highlighter and Lancome Hypnose mascara. If you want a review of any of these let me know.

What are your autumn eyeshadow picks?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment