Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: Stay All Day Lip Combo


As the trees start to discard their leaves, I start to discard those summery lipsticks - I'm looking at you Peach on the Beach - and take on a more autumnal approach to my lip combos. Deep berrys, plums and cool pinks all slip into my handbag and grace my smackers at least 3 or 4 times a week.
However, these types of colours need to be prepped correctly to get the best finish and make them last - nobody likes that centre of the lip worn out look come midday.

My weapon of choice comes in the form of MAC's Prep + Prime Lip (£12.50) - a clear balmy stick that you apply before anything else and leave to dry for a minute or so.

I then go in with a berry lip liner. For this look I've chosen MAC's Vino (£12), a deep wine shade to layer underneath the lipstick itself. It all helps to keep this bad boy in place! Once lined and filled in, I slap Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 107 (£5.49) all over the lips. I adore this shade. It's just the perfect burgundy which is wearable for day to night and can be pressed on with fingers for a stain or layered up for a vampy lip. I'm all about a vampy lip. You could also use something like MAC Rebel for this look.

Now the question is - how long does it stay on? I met with friends last weekend and spent the day shopping in Manchester. This combo was put together on the train at around 10.30, we had tea and cake plus some sweaty work making our way through Saturday crowds in Paperchase - it's fair to say it was put through its paces. I kept checking, assuming it would have worn slightly, but to no avail! As we sat down for a late lunch around 2 the colour had faded a little but not worn off. A quick swipe after food an I was good to go for the rest of the day.

I've used Prep + Prime Lip with other lippys since, skipping the liner step, and it's still lasted impressively well. It's inexpensive and you wouldn't use it every single day, just those when you know you're gonna be on the go for a while.

What are your fail-safe products for a long-lasting lip?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment