Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Sunday Post: MAC Flat Out Fabulous




Welcome MAC's new Retro Matte shades! Yay!

In the past, I've found matte lipsticks to be extremely difficult to wear however, after dabbling in a few varieties recently, I seem to be liking them more and more. And so, I couldn't pass up the new range from MAC could I? (Apologies for the line of red on my lower lip - that's what a day of swatching does!)

After watching Kandee Johnson's (love this lady!) video and reading her post on the new range, I settled on 'Flat Out Fabulous'. WHAT A NAME! If nothing else, it'll get you channeling your inner Joanna Lumley! It's a beautiful rich raspberry shade that's not too bright making it very wearable and super autumnal. I tend to steer towards deep reds and plums for autumn so this'll be a nice change for my smackers!

As it's matte, I would recommend pairing it with a light lip balm before hand if your lips tend to dry out quickly. I also have RiRi Woo from the Retro Matte collection but find Flat Out Fabulous wears much better on my lips.

I'm thinking All Fired Up or Fixed On Drama could be my next purchases from this line...

You can pick it up online or at MAC counters for £15!

Have you tried any of MAC's Retro Matte lippys?

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment