Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Review: MAC RiRi Woo (!)

It's here! It's finally arrived!

My RiRi Woo lipstick was delivered today and as soon as I got home I had to give it a try! Very, very excited!!

RiRi Woo is the first release from Rihanna's collaboration with MAC. It sold out in 3 hours when it went live in the US and it's been just as popular on the UK site. I'm so happy I decided to get it, I was in two minds but the online exclusive was just too good to miss out on!

MAC - RiRi Woo (£14)


I'm not normally a matte fan so I guess this purchase was originally just for the fact it was Rihanna and limited edition. Matte finishes have been quite drying on my lips in the past so I've tended to steer clear of them.

However - this was a totally different story! I absolutely love, love, LOVE it!




I was a little scared to use it because of the gorgeous engraving of 'Ri Ri' around it!

It's a stunning blue toned red that I fel really suits my skin tone and makes my teeth look nice and white. In terms of application, I did find it fairly difficult to apply. This is purely down to its matte formula. It feels a little dry and I found I had to really press down hard to get the colour onto my lips. However, once you do - the result is beautiful!

It doesn't feel as drying as my previous experience with matte lipsticks so I was really pleased about that. I think it'll stay on much better than my satin finishes too because of it.

These pictures are without any liner (so you can see how lovely it goes on, eventually!).





From what I can tell, it is very similar to the original Ruby Woo but I find the colour of RiRi Woo a little lighter. In all honesty, if you did miss out on it, I wouldn't worry too much because it's not that different. Although, saying that, I am really happy I got it - even if it is just for the fact it's by Rihanna!

The next installment is due out in June - very excited to see what else is in store for us!

Were you lucky enough to get your hands on RiRi Woo? Or were you quite happy to pass on it?

Much love,
A x

2 comments: