Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Coral Tonic & Fuchsia Flash

Part of me thinks I have an itsy, bitsy problem with purchasing makeup. For no reason.

I most definitely didn't need these lipsticks - I actually went in for a couple of essentials but came out with two lipsticks and two nail polishes. How does this always happen?

Anyway, I justify it by saying I'm providing a service to my lovely readers! 

I'd been tempted to get an orange lipstick, as I don't actually own one, so I picked up Maybelline's  Color Sensational Coral Tonic. I then spotted Fuchsia Flash and fell in love! I don't think I've had a Maybelline lip product since I was in my early teens so I was excited to get home and try these out!

L - Maybelline Coral Tonic
R - Maybelline Fuchsia Flash


Now, let's take a look at these beauties...
Excuse the bad condition of my lips - they need a scrub!

Maybelline Color Sensational - Coral Tonic (422)



Coral Tonic looks a lot more orangey when I swatch it on my hand. However, you can clearly see the orange tones. It's definitely an orange-coral as opposed to a pink-coral, so I guess I'm half way there with it!

I do like the colour actually. It goes well with my slightly fair complexion and I don't feel like it washes me out too much. Although, I'm most looking forward to wearing this with a bit of a tan! 

The colour went on really nice and evenly and all these pictures are without any kind of base or liner so it's super quick and easy to apply. From what I can tell it was very moisturising and didn't feel drying. Although, I've not tested them over a long period of time so I can't comment on that side.

Maybelline Color Sensational - Fuchsia Flash (902)



Fuchsia Flash is such a gorgeous pink! It's super, super bright and reminds me of MAC's Candy Yum Yum but a glossier version as it's not matte (which I find extremely drying!). Granted this is another pink to add to my already large collection but I'm confident that you can never have too many pink lipsticks.

It went on like a dream. I can sometimes find bright pinks difficult to apply in a rush. Sometimes you just don't have the time, or the right liner, to get it looking perfect! But, this was so easy and feels lovely on the lips.

Again, like Coral Tonic, it didn't feel drying and settled really nice and evenly across my lips. It'd look great on all skin tones because it's such a classic pink tone but the brightness of it might scare a few people off.

Also, I feel like it makes my green eyes pop so I love that!

Overall, I impressed with my first Maybelline lipstick purchase for a few years. Great colour payoff, lovely on the lips and affordable (£7.19 from Superdrug).

Have you tried the Color Sensational lipsticks?

Much love,
A x

2 comments:

  1. Love those colors! My favorite color from this collection is number 910 you should try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I will have a look next time I pass a counter!

      Delete