Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick (and Rebel!)

I have been waiting for these to hit the shops for so long! For MAC's new Mineralize Rich lipsticks they've taken the fabulous formula of their other Mineralize products and merged it into a lipstick to create a fantastic product!

So, after payday I took a trip to my local MAC stand (where I'm fast becoming a regular) and took my time trying out every, single, one. Obviously.

I also picked up Rebel - a lipstick I have been wanting for ages but had been sold out... so, yay!

I could quite easily have bought 4 or 5 of the Mineralize Rich lippys but, at a higher price than normal, I settled on two - Luxe Naturale and Lady at Play. I thought getting a nude and a bright balances things out quite nicely... and justifies the £40. Sort of.



Anyway, let's get on to reviewing these beauties!

The formula of both the lipsticks is amazing. Seriously, it's as though MAC have blended a satin with a cremesheen to give you a moisturising yet pigmented finish that glides on effortlessly. They are super easy to apply and the pictures below are without any lip liner which shows, despite them not looking perfect, you can get away with a quick swipe of the stick.

Unfortunately, whilst taking these pictures, I dropped my Luxe Naturale! So please forgive the state of it, I tried my best to salvage it and mould it back to shape. Boohoo! (Also my makeup had been on since 3.30am - sorry!)

MAC Mineralize Rich - Lady at Play


Lady at Play is a beautiful coral which sways more to a red than a pink. It's super wearable and I am so excited to wear this in the summer! I think this is definitely my favourite of the two. It settles on the lips really nicely and isn't patchy at all. Super soft, super moisturising and super pigmented - beautiful!


MAC Mineralize Rich - Luxe Naturale

I have been known to hoard nude lipsticks in the past but recently have been more into brights instead. However, my relationship with nudes still lingers so I couldn't resist this one. Unfortunately, the swatch on my hand didn't transfer to my lips in quite the same way. I do love the colour, but I think it needs prepping correctly to get its full potential.

It didn't go on as easily as Lady at Play and it was a little difficult to get an even colour without wiping it all of my face! I'm going to try it out a few more times and see how it goes - fingers crossed it'll become one of my favourites!

L-R: Rebel, Lady at Play, Luxe Naturale

The pricing is a tad more than the normal MAC lipsticks - the Mineralize Rich are £20 compared  to £14. However they are 4g as opposed to 3g. I'm still not sure whether the extra gram is worth the extra £6 though. I think you can find really good alternatives, still within MAC, from the standard range if you don't want to pay that extra bit.

Overall, I am impressed with the new collection I just think I could have picked a better colour for my complexion than Luxe Naturale.

Now, I also picked up Rebel!

MAC lipstick - Rebel (Satin)



An absolutely beautiful plum shade with a satin finish (my fave!). I had been toying with the idea of getting a darker colour and was swaying towards Media or Dark Side but decided this would be much more wearable. I'm so glad I went for it, it's a stunning colour!


Have you tried any of the new Mineralize Rich  Lipsticks? Which ones are your favourite? Or let me know if you'll be testing any of these out!

Much love,

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment